Things we have learned about having a baby in China:
1. We are in the year of the dragon. It is all the rage to have a baby this year.
2. The Chinese are not allowed to learn the gender of their baby before birth.
3. All check-ups, including the delivery, have to be pre-paid or paid before you leave the hospital.
4. You choose a delivery "package." If I so desire, we could choose to have a c-section delivery. It is one of the package options. All packages include a candle light dinner with wine for the new parents.
5. Wearing clothing with teddy bears on it while pregnant is meant to bring comfort to the developing baby.
Today we made our second journey to Shanghai United Family Hospital. The baby got the full work-up and is doing well, one heart, two kidneys, stomach, bladder, two arms, two legs. While they didn't spend much time investigating, it appears as though Clif will soon be shopping for a pink Barbie fishing pole!